Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I'm crafty in the sense that I'm duplicitous and evil" JW



Blue mama knows me well and knew I would be thrilled with this Joss Whedon (buffy creator and much more)interview on Crochet me
I lalalalalaove him and I had heard tell of him dropping pearls of wisdom about the age old rivalry between crocheters and knitters.. but this article was more thrilling than I can even say.
Here are some of my favorite quotes.

"It's an age-old war. Like the werewolves and the vampires. I think Underworld was actually originally about crocheters and knitters but they thought it would be too controversial so they changed it to vampires and werewolves."

"And it fills me with tiny knitted joy."


"Obviously decoupaging is too racy for Fox. So, I mean, they couldn't allow that".


"You have to remember that if the thing isn't slightly out of control, it ain't art. Or [muffled] craft."

"It's when the thing starts talking back to you. When you come up with something that is a little bit more than just a good reproduction of what was in the book, and somehow reflects you in a way that you didn't understand yourself: that's art."


"These crafts, they represent pockets of interaction that an underclass has always used to gather and to strengthen each other"

Thanks to Kim Werker for getting this interview it was fantabulous!!

No comments: