Wednesday, December 1, 2010

New Fabric Collages

~I have been making fabric collages for my market booth this week. These are so much fun and such great versatile gifts. I pick up frames all year for this fun and easy project. I have a tutorial here if you want to make a few or come out to the Market this weekend and pickup one of mine!

~This batch includes a sweet babe from the woods . ~A hovering hummer and the above Little Shabby Chic. They all are pieced from vintage treasures and carefully poured over scrap piles. I was inspired by the green weathered frames finished . So I took a wire brush to mine and roughed 'em up a little.

~This same tutorial is part of the Sewing: 2011 Day-to-Day Calendar [Calendar] by
Megan Smith (Author).
There are some great projects in here , I am still waiting on my copy so hopefully I can give you a better review soon!

3 comments:

Lucy in the Clouds said...

Your collages are beautiful, and that calendar is totally going on my Christmas list! x

also frightened said...

i love these, especially the deer!
i actually just picked up this calendar at a craft shop, can't wait to try some things out
xo

Self & Co. said...

me likey