Saturday, January 22, 2011

tender hearts


~I have been feeling~oh so tender hearted this week.....almost to the point of adolescence. But just before I thought i would fall into a sink hole of my so called life...My sweet~heart saved me.
phew, Moving on .... I have been wraslin' with my thoughts on a valentine for this year . I think I have two but that's for next week.
~ Right now I wanted say hi and share this:
"faux-bois with embroidered heart" my latest piece that I have been working on. It is a gift so I am meandering over it endlessly, the words are my tribute to this very special Texas Sweet
It is so fun to learn new crafty arts; and I am a true rookie at embroidery.
I could not decide if I should make it a bed pillow or a framed piece(I'm leaning towards framing)
All the little flowers are made from piece milled hearts...broken into bits and reassembled as flowers and then there are some little swayback gap tooth hearts on the side.
I also thought I would share the links to may last 2 Valentine tutorials just in case you missed or have forgotten them

Here is the scrappy hearts tutorial, very easy and fun!!


This one is a little more involved but there is plenty of time to make it. I think it is one of my favorite projects I have shared; fabric valentine book



happy weekend to y'all
ps... one last look at one of many images I am using as research for a new custom dress...she loves her some unicorns....

4 comments:

Denise said...

I always enjoy coming by and seeing what your up to.I love your work.

Alex said...

Wow, those flowers are so, so great!

imperfectly natural mama said...

I have passed on 'The stylish blog' award to you, details are on my latest post.
Hels
x

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Drool! Ahhh the details. You're making me want to sew! (Funnily enough, the word verfication was "spersew" :)